On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in its original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Cowboy, Western||Brand:||Circle G by Corral Boots|
|EAN:||Does not apply||UK Shoe Size (Women's):||UK 1|
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Lola Ramona Kitten Green White Pointed Toe Pump with Brogue detail EU 38 UK 5
- Lamica Elegant Leather Boots Leather shoes Boots shoes Leather Long Leg 3160
- Naughty Monkey women Stolen Notte Aderenti, Alti shoes di Avvio , black,
- Rieker Women's Sandals Summer shoes Wedge Sandals Mules V55d8-00 Black New
- BACTA DE TOI FOOTWEAR WOMAN SANDAL GLITTER+LEATHER SILVER - 086C
- GORGEOUS JEWELED GENUINE LEATHER SHOES PASHA, STYLE Ammeron
- TORY BURCH VERBENA TRIBAL SNAKE PRINT BALLET FLATS SHOE SMOKE BLACK 8.5 NEW 265
- Credver Culture Sniper LP Black Night Polar White Men's GSNIH1
- 1350 Jimmy Choo Black Mina Palm Canvas Boots Linen Leather Ankle Booties 40.5
- Adidas Lucas Premiere Primeknit shoes - Core Black Onix VTW White
- BALENCIAGA ARENA OPAQUE red PAPrika RED SNEAKERS SHOES SIZE 9
- Clarks Originals Trigenic Flex 2 Fudge Mens Nubuck Leather Lace Up Trainers New
- Equity Ladies Wide Fitting Court shoes 'Lucinda'
- J B Dillon Red & Black Goat Skin Leather Cross ANGEL Western Cowboy Boots 5.5
- Lucky Brand Women's Basel Boot, Toffee Barillos, 8 W US
- Neu HERREN EA7 grey NYLON RACER SNEAKER JOGGINGSCHUHE
- Nike Air max 720, White ,size 9,new with box .....
- Philipp Plein Sport Runner Sky P17S MSC0332 SXV001N Trainers
- shoes da men Sneaker Ally Vernice Body Sun68 Autunno Inverno 2019
- The North Face Ultra Fastpack II GTX Hiking shoes Womens US 9 Black Purple New
- A BATHING APE BAPE STAR sneaker shoes size US 10
- Andre Assous “ Jaime2 “ Black Patent Leather Wedge Espadrille Sandal shoes Sz 10
- Carvella Comfort Boots Size 5
- Diesel Exposure Black Trainers Mens Size 10- 10.5 45, New
- GIOHEL SANDALS SANDALS SANDALEN LEATHER PLASTIC TRANSPARENT GLITTER RED 39
- Ladies Tan grizzly Dr Martens
- Men's 632534 Edinburgh Perf Bike Toe Black Leather Tie Oxford Size 38-NIB
- NEW AUTHENTIC BRITISH KNIGHTS QUILTS 5 COLORS LOW TOP SHOES
- Nike Mercurial Vapor XI FG Soccer Cleats Style 831958-585 MSRP 225
- Rieker Boot 785F8 14 mare blue navy Reißverschluß Schnür warm Stiefel
- Sneaker GEOX U VINTO, color grey
- Vintage Hanover V Cleat Shell Cordovan Brown Wingtip 10D
- 10-Loch Stiefel KMM - Red Black - 100 44
- Asics Gel Squad 70 W de handball E568Y-9093
- shoes pour women FILA DISRUPTOR II PREMIUM - 5FM00002-014
- DREAMER CALZATURA women FRANCESINA PELLE brown - F702
- GINO ROSSI Alan MPV491W79R5R503660 red halfshoes
- Ladies Clarks Botanic Ivy Casual Leather Sandals - D Fitting
- MORI MADE IN ITALY ANKLE BOOTS STIEFEL STIVALI SHOES VELVET PEARL BLACK black 45
- NEW Paul & Shark shoes shoes Sneaker Size 43 Beige
- black shoes de sport pour men Nikopol 1580 black
- Rockport Mens Style Future Plain Toe Oxford- Pick SZ color.
- Sneaker Philippe Model Paris in Veloursleder silver
- Vintage Rudel Cowboy Boots Green Floral Western Leather Kitsch 6 with box
- Womens Pull On Loafers Leather Tassels Pumps Fashion Casual Spring shoes Hot Sz
- ARIAT Heritage Cowboys Boots men's size 13 D brown leather -Style 10012788
- CMP Kinos Snow Boots Stivali da Neve Stivali Invernali 3q48867-77aa blue Nuovo
- Dansko Olivia Metallic Leopard Flat Womens sizes 36-42 6-12 NEW
- Irish Setter Men's 83824 8 Steel Toe Work Boot,Brown,10.5 EE US
- Mezlan shoes De Sport A La Mode color brown Honey size 40 EU 7 US
- NIKE AIR MAX 95 SE WOMENS JUNIOR BOYS GIRLS TRAINERS UK SIZE 6 EU40 BLACK GREY
- Ros Hommerson Women's Belinda Ankle Bootie Black Leather Ankle Boots
- Valentino Crystallized Lace Platform Pumps Size 36 1 2 Orig. 1295
- Women's Tall Leg Peep Toe Strappy Stilettos Platform Roman Sandals Slingbacks
- Sexy Mules da women con Tacco 11 - K211001 black-V
- Zapatillas de deporte - Skechers black women Textil 23362 14527291
- Frye Womens white Harness Black Ankle Strap Heels Size 8
- The Flexx Easy Does It Women Sz 9 Black Suede Water Resistant Booties X19-768
- Lodi Women’s Evona Closed Toe Heels Multicolour (Ante Ocre Ante Ocre) 7 UK
- Nike P18u women's shoes low sneakers W AF1 UPSTEP SI 917591 100
- NIB TORY BURCH TAN IVORY LEATHER TIFFY CUP-TOE gold REVA WEDGE PUMPS 8.5 265
- Adidas sportivo women color tessile
- NWT Creatures of Comfort Coy Top, Brown Dot Sz 4
- Altra Footwear Vali Athletic shoes - Women's Size 10.5 - Black NEW
- CAT Lifestyle DEPLETE Mens Nubuck Leather Waterproof Ankle Work Boots Black
- Dr Martens 1461 IM shoes 40 Derby Iced Metallic Ballerines Irisé Neuf UK6.5
- 1 of 4
- next ›