On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in its original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Material:||Leather||Style:||Loafers @ Slip Ons|
|Width:||Medium (D, M)||Euro Size:||37-46|
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Lola Ramona Kitten Green White Pointed Toe Pump with Brogue detail EU 38 UK 5
- Lamica Elegant Leather Boots Leather shoes Boots shoes Leather Long Leg 3160
- Naughty Monkey women Stolen Notte Aderenti, Alti shoes di Avvio , black,
- Rieker Women's Sandals Summer shoes Wedge Sandals Mules V55d8-00 Black New
- BACTA DE TOI FOOTWEAR WOMAN SANDAL GLITTER+LEATHER SILVER - 086C
- GORGEOUS JEWELED GENUINE LEATHER SHOES PASHA, STYLE Ammeron
- TORY BURCH VERBENA TRIBAL SNAKE PRINT BALLET FLATS SHOE SMOKE BLACK 8.5 NEW 265
- Credver Culture Sniper LP Black Night Polar White Men's GSNIH1
- 1350 Jimmy Choo Black Mina Palm Canvas Boots Linen Leather Ankle Booties 40.5
- Adidas Lucas Premiere Primeknit shoes - Core Black Onix VTW White
- BALENCIAGA ARENA OPAQUE red PAPrika RED SNEAKERS SHOES SIZE 9
- Christopher Kane Black Loafers with gold Stud. Size 38
- ECCO Men's Terra Evo Low Gore-tex Hiking shoes - Choose SZ color
- Icebug Wander BUGrip Boot - Men's
- Made in Italia shoes women Décolleté brown 73923 BDX
- New Auth Celine 2 Tones Blk Nude Wedge US6.5 36.5 850
- Nike Air Max plus TN Se Size Selectable New & Orig Pack Bq1188 001
- PUMA RS-X REINVENTION MEN'S SHOES NEW STYLE 36957902
- shoes Reebok Classic Leather Shimmer Size 4 Uk Code BS9865 -9W
- Vans Old Skool VA38G1R1D bluee
- Adidas Performance Mens Derrick pink 5 Boost Basketball Trainers shoes - Scarlet
- Alexander Mcqueen Sock Sandals Black Patent Leather Heels Size 38.5, 5.5
- BT945 TRIVER FLIGHT shoes brown suede men sneakers EU 43,EU 44
- Crockett & Jones 'Avon' Black Derby Oxford Leather Men's shoes UK 9.5 E
- FRYE Men's JAMES WINGTIP OXFORD Brown Distressed Leather Suede shoes 10.5 Rare
- Kennel schmenger Assam Washed pinkwood Boots
- MEN'S BROWN TRICKERS BOOTS SIZE UK 8
- New Balance Men's 420v1 Sneaker - Choose SZ color
- Nike Wild Trail Running shoes
- Rockport Men's Marshall Wingtip Oxford
- Sperry Men's STS19351 Flip-Flop, Brown Tan, 10 M US
- W-1940140 New Bally bluee Caprice Calf Suede & Leather Sneaker Siz EU-8.5E US-9.5
- 09-021-7622-1400BR Roper Womens Native Boot M- Choose SZ color.
- ASICS GEL KAYANO 24 MEN'S RUNNING SHOES BRAND NEW SIZE UK 6 (EM5)
- shoes men Sneakers Basket CHANGE KeysM Miracle Taupe Cuir Made In
- Dr. Martens Womens Telkes Knit Padded Collar Boot
- GH Bass Men's 70-10622 - Proctor
- Lacoste Women's Croco Slide 119 U Sandal
- Moda In Pelle shoes Size 37
- NEW BETSEY JOHNSON BLACK gold STRAP HEELS SZ 7
- Nike Off White Zoom Fly Pink Uk4.5 Brand New AJ4588-600
- Reebok - VENTILATOR - SCARPA CASUAL - art. V69907-C
- Size 10 40 Manolo Blahnik BB Jabi Nude Patent Leather Pointed Toe Flat shoes
- Troentorp Bastad Clogs Women's Da Vinci Original Black Clogs
- Women's Clarks Clarkdale Axel Zip-up Ankle Boots in Black
- AIR JORDAN 1 HIGH THE RETURN 768861-206 snd Size 8
- Christian Louboutin CAJABOOT Caged Leather Heels Bootie Sandal shoes Black 1295
- Cotswold Mens Boots Maugesbury Ankle Boot Dark Brown Non Safety
- Hugo Boss Open bluee Silver Silvans Lace Up Sneakers US 13 EU 46 150 NIB
- Mens Stylish Metallic Printed Leather Buckle Strap Lace Up Ankle Boots shoes T70
- Nike Air Max 1 Sneakers Dark Grey Size 8 9 10 11 12 Mens shoes New
- Rocket Dog Larissass Womens Tuxedo Oxford- Choose SZ color.
- Totes Women's Black Judy Double Tassel with Zip Winter Boots Size 11
- Gibellieri 2046a Pearl Leather Slides Sandals Flats 36.5 US 6.5
- women Kenneth Cole New York Tongs color yellow Lemon size 38.5 EU 7.5 US
- Puma Rihanna FENTY X Women's Flip Flops Satin Bow Slide 365774-03 Silver Pink
- Women`s Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Cypress Trail Walker shoes Ankle Boots
- C2m LADY REBEL BY DURANGO WOMEN'S STEEL TOE WESTERN BOOTS RD3315 6m
- EA7 Emporio Armani Dark bluee Knit Mix Running Trainers X8X007 XCC02
- Solovair Light Tan English Leather Brown Mens Dealer Chelsea Boots Air Soles 10
- Authentic PRADA Metal Plate Patent Leather Square Toe Heels Pumps Size 38.5
- 62% OFF NEW Mens FRYE Phillip Lug Inside Zip Brown Hammered Full Grain sz 8
- Stuart Weitzman Dorsini Suede d'Orsay Ballet Flat - Size 5.5 - color Londra
- Armani Jeans men's low-cut sneakers size 9.5UK(44EU)
- Authentic Brooks Beast 16 Mens Runner (2E) (005) Bargain
- Clarks CLARKS Womens Sharon Noel Oxford 110 W US- Pick SZ color.
- 1 of 4
- next ›