On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in its original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Semelles intérieures:||Cuir,PU||Couleur dominante:||NERO|
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Ted Baker Women's Immep Ballet Flats. Floral, Oriental Blossom Print. Size 5
- Womens Leather Slip On Pumps Low Top Bridesmaid Pointed Toe Bowknot Decor shoes
- Gentle Souls Womens Ottie Flat Sandal- Pick SZ color.
- 82934 Décolleté Made in Italia GRETA women black 82934
- Reebok - Rapide MU Skull Grey White Navy Sneaker Sportschuhe
- Rush by Gordon Men's Britton Chelsea Boot, - Choose SZ color
- Florsheim Men's Medfield Plain Toe Zip Boot Fashion - Choose SZ color
- Dan Post Brown Leather Boho Ankle PointedToe Cowgirl Ankle Boots Size 7
- I3526 VICINI BLACK PUMPS SLIP 7.5 37.5
- Loeffler Randall Women's Elayna Ankle Tie High Heel Sandal (Leather Rhinestones)
- 2004 Nike Air DELTA FORCE 3 4 1 LA CLIPPERS RED WHITE blueE RIBBON 309041-611 11
- Adidas Spiritus SPZL spezial terrace city series island spirit red yellow
- Bernie Mev Women's Beatrice Slingback Heel Pewter Hook and Loop
- Converse Fastbreak Hi Black MC18 Mountain Club Pack Mens Trainer Boots New
- FLORENS SCHUHWERK FRAU ÜBERSTREIFEN STOFF yellow - A632
- Jose Sanchez Boots, 7.5B Men's Buckaroo Brown Mulehide Working Cowboy Boots
- Lucky Brand Adalan Leather Ankle Boots, Women's Size 8.5M, Macaroon
- black shoes da corsa Ua Micro GM 3000011-104
- Nike Air Max 2017 849559 200 Mens Trainers
- Puma Men’s Rbr Wssp Disc Mid Logo High-Top Sneakers 9 UK .
- Sexy Womens Side Zip Pointed Toe Knee High Boots shoes Plus Stilettos High Heel
- Used Giuseppe Zanotti White Wedding Bridal Diamonte shoes - Size 38.5
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS EQT CUSHION ADV SZ 9 COLLEGIATE ROYAL WHITE KNIT CQ2380
- ASICS Men's Gel-Foundation 13 Running shoes, Dark bluee Black White, 8.5 D(M) US
- shoes ROBERTO CAVALLI Homme blue Cuir naturel 5417BL
- Converse 160923C Red Low Sneakers Man Spring Summer
- Florsheim Men's Jacobi Bike Oxford Black Leather Business shoes
- Johnston & Murphy Men Samford Brown Sheepskin Moc Toe Oxford 20-7430 Size 12 M
- Mens Clarks Rounded Toe Smart Lace Up Leather shoes Twinley Lace
- NEW BALANCE Vazee Rush Men Running shoes orange MRUSHOR fast shipping L
- NIKEiD WOMAN AIR MAX FLYKNIT NEW PINK PURPLE US WMNS SZ 5
- 2426 Lord Excelent Leather shoes Size 44,5 (UK 10) Dark brown Lace up INDORE
- Asics Tiger Men's GEL-KAYANO 5 OG shoes Stone Grey 1191A148-020 c
- Clarks BNIB Mens Formal shoes GATLEY WALK Black Leather UK 10 44.5
- DZ885 MOMA EU 37 shoes whiteo cuero women botines
- Robert Clergerie orange Horse Hair Platform Clog Sandals - Women's Size 7.5
- Sneakers Cafèblack PP223 in pelle white intrecciata
- Vintage White Marc Fisher Square Toe White Boots 7
- GEOX WOMEN'S SHOE WINTER BOOT MENDI D3490P 00023 SUEDE OILED - 40%
- Lacoste Straightset 318 2 womenes Light Pink Cuero Zapatillas
- Mocassins pour femme GADEA 40861 , color brown
- NIB Women's Asics Gel Cumulus 1 Running shoes Medium Choose Size Mint Yel Navy
- Pepe Jeans PLS90391 PLS90391999 black sandalen
- Sam Edelman Women's Yaria 2 Heeled Sandal - Choose SZ color
- Steve Madden Men's Dimarko Oxford shoes
- Womens ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV W Black Trainers BY9112
- Vintage British Womens Wingtip Wedge heels Creeper Oxford Lace up Brogues shoes
- A.S.98, Airstep, Stiefelette, Gr.36, Leder, Weite F (normal), Reißverschluss
- Brand New Ladies Fly London bluee Leather Ankle Strap Flat Sandals, UK Size 5, Ta
- DSL - Stylish Casual shoes 8cm Taller Height Increasing shoes
- Jordan Retro XI 11 Win Like 82 White University bluee Concord 378037-123 Sz 10.5
- NEW ADIDAS UK6.5 SIZE 40 ULTRA BOOST UNCAGED TRACE CARGO LINEN KHAKI TAN S82064
- NIKE LUNAREPIC LOW FLYKNIT LOW MULTI-COLOR US MEN SZ 12
- shoes da men Sneaker Lander 3755 Premiata SS 2019
- Walking Cradles Womens Tippy Square Toe Loafers, Black, Size 8.0 Dwcr
- 1 of 4
- next ›